Anyway about the surprise for Gav, Chris came and picked me up from the aiport then it was a 1hr tube ride back into the city. I dropped my bags off at their apartment, meet one of their housemates (Q) and then we walked to have my first meal in London and it was....Viet...hhaha....the food was pretty tasty although a bit more expensive than what I would pay in Perth. Anyway back to the surprise, I sat at the table waiting for Gav to arrive and when he turned up he was quite surprised that I was there..hahah...at first it was a quizzical look on this face which was priceless given that I had told him I wasn't arriving until the 16th..but later on he mentioned that he was genuinely surprised....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
After dinner we headed to a cafe for coffee and cake, then we walked back through Trafalgar Square for a bit of sightseeing before ending the night at a pub for a pint of beer.
I think I'm still running on adrenalin which explains why I'm still wide awake when my body should really be sleeping....hopefully I don't crash big time tomorrow.

Outside the National Gallery
Chris & Gav
bahahaha, i can imagine gav's quizzical look :) glad to hear you arrived safely!
ReplyDelete- dt
hehe....yeah ditza...the flight was awesome, just constant food every 2hrs or so for the entire flight.....i watched 3 movies, about 3 episodes of tv shows. but the quizzical look on gav's face...PRICELESS....
ReplyDeleteWhat was the first thing you said?
ReplyDeletehey miccies...i just said "SURPRISE"...obviously not soo loud cos it was a very small restaurant we were in..hhaha....but it was funny cos he saw me first from the doorway of the restaurant before I could really surprise him :p but it was all good, we went for a beer after dinner and he was slowly piecing the whole days worth of events to get the point at dinner. I'll fill in you with more stories when I get back.
ReplyDeleteYou should have roller bladed up beside him on the way home from work and yelled 'SURPRISE'! He would have fallen into the Thames!
ReplyDeleteLOL..Yel...I think I would have fallen into the Thames cos I couldn't rollerblade if my life depended on it...
ReplyDelete