Chris and I headed to Covent Gardens yesterday afternoon after spending a lazy morning in the apartment. Covent Gardens was packed full off ppl everywhere watching the street buskers, sitting outside cafes or food stalls sampling all the food that was on offer or moving between the many retail stores in that area. We hadn't had lunch so we were looking for a feed to fill our bellies, Q (Chris' housemate) recommended that we check out this Cornish Pastie place located in the market area. Being the FoB and Chris still getting used to her new surroundings we didn't manage to find the place but we walked into the middle of the market area and saw this dude with two massive pans/woks of paella and it look really good from where we were standing so we decided to eat that for lunch. It was really tasty and it hit the spot in terms of filling out stomachs. Then we hit the shops....and that's where I thought I would be able to find lots of cool stuff to buy.....WRONG...using AUD to buy things in GBP just doesn't work, because I don't work here I NEED to convert and after I convert I realise how expensive things are. But all is not lost since it was my first day of seeing a bit of London. ....there's plenty more days to come!!
Paella dude with his big pans

Where Gav & Chris stay at the moment it's very close to alot of things. Prime example is when we walk out the foyer of their apartment block, there, right in front of us is the London Eye. A short walk along the River Thames will get me to Big Ben and Buckingham Palace/Trafalgar Square are all within 20mins walk. The only downside is that the weather has been cold and wet.
London Eye and Big Ben from Jubilee Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment