Thursday, August 19, 2010

London....I'm loving it!!!

Much like the Macca's slogan, I'm loving my time in London so far. There's something about this place that makes me feel quite comfortable. It's a big city but it doesn't have a big city feel. After being here for a week, I've grown accustomed to the weather, the price of things and short commute to the places that I want to see. It's a bonus where Gav, Chris and their housemates live since we're literally a stone's throw away from the River Thames.
One of the things I've noticed about the city and this could partly be part of their build up to the Olympics is that everyone is quite friendly. Ok, I know that I've only been walking around mainly the city and tourists spots but I've noticed even the taxi drivers are polite to pedestrians. While galavanting around the other day, there were numerous times where taxi drivers actually gave way for me to cross the road. The layout of the whole city especially the walkways along the River Thames are really well marked out that it's near impossible to get lost....I dunno it's these little things that make me like London more and more.

Who knows this TB could be like BP's (the petrol company) old slogan and be "On the Move".

Me @ Somerset House

1 comment:

  1. I think your blog title should be "London...Im eating it!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete