The last time I saw Natasha was actually back in Perth when she was here for a brief visit for a mutual friend's wedding. I didn't get to catch up with her, John and their lil bub Emily when they were in Perth but it was great that we were able to organise a catch up in London. I met up with Natasha and Emily at Embankment tube station and we walked to a nearby cafe to catch up over coffee. After a short while Emily was getting bored of all us talking so Natasha suggested that we go for a walk around the city. I'd seen most of the city already so we just wandered around chatting and stopping to browse at any stores we fancied.
While walking around we made it to the British Museum, and I decided to go in for a quick visit. Initially I didn't want to go in based on the fact that all through Greece/Paris/Milan I'd seen enough artwork and sculptures to last me a life time but there was something that I wanted to see. You see while in Athens we visited the Acropolis and also the museum there. However alot of the things we saw in the museum especially parts of the Parthenon exterior were just replicas or moulds. Some of the originals were in fact in the British Museum so I wanted to go in to see the real thing. It was a short visit but it 'completed' my culturedness for the trip.
After the museum we walked around some more while lil Emily enjoyed being pushed around in her pram and we ended up near where John worked so Natasha gave John a call and he popped down from his office for a quick coffee. It was really good catching up with Natasha, John and Emily and it was nice to see another familiar face in London. Then I was headed back to the apartment to meet up with Gav, Christina and Quyen to have a nice relaxing pub meal to end the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment