Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Melbourne Cup: The French Connection...

Melbourne Cup, the race that stops a nation...well that's what it's touted to do.

We had our usual office sweep and I managed to pull out the horse 'Americain'. I don't follow the horses and am only the yearly 'gambler' whereby I just join in with the office sweep for fun on Melbourne Cup day. I couldn't get near a tv this year so we listened to it on the good ol' wireless and waited for the call for the last 200m. All I could hear was "Americain in front of blah blah and leads by 2 lengths..." and as the race caller whittled down the last few metres of the race...AMERICAIN WON!!!! It was quite surprising considering that the race favourite wasn't my horse and pretty much everyone was backing the favourite. It was later on that I read up on where my horse was from, who the trainer was and who the jockey was that they all came from my most favouritest place in the world....FRANCE!!! To be honest I initially thought that the horse was from the US since the horse's name seemed like a play on words. I know this is a far fetched link to my recent travels but you know I gotta somehow keep the dream alive.




Americain Magnific!!!!

1 comment: