Monday, July 26, 2010

.......

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'll be heading over to the UK for my best mate's 30th birthday...our friendship has been described as being quite 'peculiar' by all our mutual friends. No....not that type of peculiar....you see every normal friendship is built on talking to each other so that you get to know each other better but our friendship is different....our friendship has primarily been based on spending time with each other in silence...YES...SILENCE.

In our younger days we'd hang out at either my house or his house and we'd sit there infront of the tv either playing games or watching tv in total silence..only the usual grunt/laugh would ensue if something on the tv would cause us to expel such a noise. This silence baffled quite alot of ppl especially Chris, Gav's gf at the time and now wife. There was one time where I went over to Gav's place to hang out and Chris was there too. I walked in, sat down to watch tv and then 2hrs later after watching enough tv I would say that I'm going and say my goodbyes. I later found out from Gav that Chris had asked him after that instance if we do this all the time and if we ever talk. Gav's reply was that 'yeah it happens most of the time' and 'we do sometimes talk'. You're probably thinking that 'how are these two even friends let alone best friends??'...don't worry we've had many bonding moments over the past 12 years or so of friendship like being taxi drivers, burning a trailer load of fire wood in albany, creating waterfalls with a piece of tarpaulin in busselton, playing chor di dee till the early hours of the morning and many many other things.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to catching up with Gav *in silence* when I go to visit him soon to surprise him for his 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment